The purchase of any item from The Cotswold Bridal Boutique is subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Payment for any item from The Cotswold Bridal Boutique must be made in full, or a minimum of a 50% deposit for a made-to-order dress, at the time of sale. Orders will not be accepted until a minimum of a 50% deposit has been paid and once orders have been placed they cannot be cancelled. By making a payment you are agreeing to the terms and conditions and have checked all details are correct. All monies paid are always non-refundable, non-transferable and all items are non-returnable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Payment instalments for items agreed to be paid over a period of time must be paid on time. A £15 late payment fee will be incurred on each late payment. Orders will not be accepted until a minimum of a 50% deposit has been paid and once orders have been placed they cannot be cancelled. 50% of the payment must have been made a minimum of 8 months prior to the wedding date and the balance must be cleared before collection of any items. The minimum monthly instalment accepted is £100.
- The balance of any orders must be paid no later than two weeks after we receive delivery of items unless they are received during the payment instalment period. Cleared payment is required in full before items can be taken away from our premises. All items remain the property of The Cotswold Bridal Boutique until full payments have been made. If the balance has not been paid within four weeks of being due, the order will be deemed to have been cancelled and items may be put into stock for sale.
- In the event that you cancel part or full orders, all deposits/payments are forfeited by you. We reserve the right to collect any outstanding balances on cancelled items. You remain liable for any balance due in the event of cancellation.
- Our standard delivery time for made-to-order dresses can be anywhere between 4-6 months. Whilst we endeavour to ensure all orders are delivered on time and as ordered, we will not be held responsible for any delays in deliveries of any items due to any causes beyond our control including, but not restricted to, acts of god, fire or strikes. It is your responsibility to ensure you give plenty of time to allow for any delays ensuring your items will arrive before the wedding date given at the time of order.
- The Cotswold Bridal Boutique will not be held responsible for any change in customer’s body shape/size after purchase. Customer’s measurements for items to be ordered are taken at the point of ordering and items are ordered in accordance with those measurements. If you require us to order items in a smaller or larger size due to anticipated weight loss or gain we will do so, under the strict understanding that we will not be accountable if the items do not fit. We cannot be held responsible for errors made with customers own measurements. Please note dresses are made-to-order and not made-to-measure!
- All items are made from a combination of different materials which may have slight variation. This applies to all fabric, lace, beading and other trimmings and embellishments. Samples should be regarded as indication only as they cannot be guaranteed to be an exact match.
- Our sample dresses are ‘sold as seen’. Whilst every effort is made to ensure these dresses are in perfect condition, there may be slight imperfections, from them being tried on, which should not affect the overall look. It is your responsibility to ensure you are happy with your dress and the condition before you make any payment. By signing overleaf you are agreeing that any items you are purchasing are in satisfactory condition and The Cotswold Bridal Boutique accept no responsibility for those items once they have left our premises.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for damage or flaws noticed once your items have left our premises. It is your responsibility to check your items thoroughly before you leave.
- If required, contact details of recommended seamstresses can be given. Please note that these seamstresses work independently. Any damage caused by incorrect alterations to any of our items is not our responsibility and we will not be held responsible for any of the work carried out. This also applies if you undertake your own alterations which you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure you leave enough time for alterations. Any items purchased from The Cotswold Bridal Boutique must be paid for in full before any alteration work can be done. Alterations are always chargeable.
The Cotswold Bridal Boutique reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time, but this shall not affect the existing Terms and Conditions accepted by the customer when purchasing.